“In the same way, faith by itself, if not accompanied by action is dead” James 2:17
NOMADS is a mission outreach ministry of United Methodists. The NOMADS program is specific to individuals and couples with RVs wishing to be involved in Christian service.
There are also occasional opportunities for those who do not have RVs.
Membership in the United Methodist Church is not required.
• Use our hands to do Christ’s work
• Glorify God in the work that we do
• Be an example that will encourage others to serve God
• Grow in personal faith
• Experience a broader world view, different cultures and different geography
• Form new relationships
NOMADS projects include:
• Working at United Methodist related agencies such as churches, church camps, homeless shelters, children’s homes, mission agencies, and disaster agencies doing remodeling, maintenance, repairs, new construction, office work, painting, childcare, gardening, etc.
• Working at the homes of needy families for host agencies providing community service
NOMADS benefits are:
• The joy of using our hands for Christ’s mission and the fellowship and lasting friendships of like-minded people while experiencing different cultures, lifestyles, and geographic areas.
• An RV site with utilities for the duration of the project.
NOMADS are responsible for:
• All costs for RV travel and meals during the project period.
• Working four days a week during the project and providing work tools. Specialty tools may be supplied by the hosting agency.
NOMADS enjoy traveling in an RV, enjoy using their skills in service, are looking for a purpose and personal mission and want to share their retirement Christian faith and are usually retired or close to retirement.
NOMADS Endowment Fund
Nomads on a mission, active in divine service. Read More