Black Methodists for Church Renewal
The mission of Black Methodists for Church Renewal is to raise up prophetic and spiritual leaders who will be advocate for the unique needs of Black people in the United Methodist church.
BMCR represents and is dedicated to more than 2,400 Black United Methodist congregations and approximately 500,000 African American members across the United States. The caucus is vital because of its:
- Keen concern for the future of African Americans in the denomination;
- Ability to advocate for the interests and inclusivity of Blacks in the general church structures,
- Exceptional nerve to serve as the spiritual agitating conscious of the church,
- Determination to raise up prophetic and spiritual leaders who will be advocates for the unique needs of Black people in The United Methodist Church.
- To initiate, develop, and implement strategies and instruments for the development, maintenance, and growth of strong Black local churches.
- To provide an instrument through which we can educate and cultivate the Black constituency of our Church toward a greater knowledge of missions within the U.S., Africa, and within the Caribbean.
Bishop James & Ruth Thomas Youth & Young Adult Endowment Fund
The Bishop James S. and Ruth Thomas Endowment Fund for Youth and Young Adults was created to ensure that future generations of young, African-American Methodist will have access to scholarships. Read More
Black Methodist for Church Renewal Fund