United Methodist Church Foundation Endowment Fund
Empowering the Church by selecting investment opportunities that are socially screened, diversified and afford opportunities to leave a meaningful legacy.
The mission of the United Methodist Church Foundation is to empower the Church, local to global, by modeling a generosity in trusted partnership with agencies and institutions to endow its mission of making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
The United Methodist Church Foundation is recognized as a financial steward building a financial legacy for the making of disciples of Jesus Christ.
Be an outstanding leader in organized philanthropy throughout the United Methodist Church, and operate efficiently and effectively in all aspects of operations. We will:
- Be a “teacher of philanthropy” that educates people and organizations and connects them to philanthropic opportunities;
- Provide donors, grantees and other relevant organizations with quality services (research, development, and administration) that meet their expectations, expand their understanding of community needs and opportunities, and earn the UMC Foundation a widely-recognized reputation for excellence and credibility;
- Serve as a trusted steward of donors’ charitable intentions;
- Preserve, manage, and grow financial assets to provide a competitive return that benefits the denomination;
- Help to identify the denomination’s critical needs and shape initiatives to address them;
- Initiate efforts to build collaborations and partnerships with other Church philanthropic organizations, nonprofits, the public sector and business;
- Convene diverse individuals and groups to work together to address a range of denominational needs;
- Leverage national resources to address the Church’s challenges and opportunities;
- Create and maintain a challenging, rewarding and high-performing organizational environment where staff, board members, volunteers, and organizational partners are valued and share a deep sense of mission;
- Bring together and challenge a board of directors, which reflects the diversities of the denomination, to use their resources to guide and contribute to the organization.
If you would like more information on how to give to this ministry through your estate plan, contact us at (615) 369 - 2382 or email@example.com.